Thursday, October 4, 2012

This N' That Thursday

I love my little house.  I bought it four years ago, my first house.  I worked alot of overtime and saved all of it to put the down payment on it.  It backs up to a "never to be developed greenbelt" owned by the City of Austin.  I have 1/3 of an acre, and my backyard is all undeveloped and natural.  I don't do anything to it.  Don't mow it, don't water it.  Last year the drought was very severe here, and I lost a few trees in my back yard.

I have alot of  oak trees, so I actually get some fall color in my yard.  I will take more pictures as the leaves change.




My weather vane.  I love it.  Cats of course.


All you can see is trees.


You can see alot of dead branches.  Before last year, it was all green.


Dreaded cedar.  I hate cedar.


Cedar Fever here is horrible.


Hackberry and cedar


I have alot of flowering plants that grow wild


Not sure what the flower is


Have alot of yucca too.


More little yellow flowers


Closer


Different yellow flowers.


Old dead cedar trunk.  The only good kind of cedar.

My land is pie shaped and slopes down.  I have a very small creek at the end of my property line.  Most of the time, it is dry.






Off my deck.  Purple Sage and Crepe Myrtle.

Purple sage getting ready to bloom.  It is really pretty when it is all in bloom.  Lavender flowers everywhere.  It blooms several times a year.


My orange berry bush.


No comments:

Post a Comment